I've Moved!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

pierre herme's macarons- paris match.


Okay, I cheated again. The ganache was supposed to contain red bell pepper puree as well but because I scaled down the recipe, I didn't want to bother going through all that trouble of boiling, peeling and blending for just 1/16 of a bell pepper. So I just replaced it with equal amounts of raspberries. I don't think it would make much of a difference... would it? The ganache also called for a touch of chilli pepper powder and I didn't have any so I substituted it with paprika. I couldn't detect any heat in the ganache so I guess I didn't use enough.

What threw me a little off was the fact that the ganache turned more or less into a solid block after I refrigerated it prior to piping, as per usual. Usually, the ganache would be very thick but still spoonable but this time, it cracked when I dug a spoon into it. Huh. It also meant that the ganache wasn't silky when I bit into it sandwiched between the macaron shells, but rather somewhat crumbly.


All in all, I was a little disappointed for a macaron with such a unique name. It's just a chocolate-raspberry combination, that is, assuming that the red bell pepper doesn't make much of an impact. And as I've said, I didn't detect any heat, which made this macaron not so special anymore, but that could be a mistake on my part. Perhaps, if you've made this recipe, you could tell me how yours taste like?

No comments :

Post a Comment