I've Moved!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

banana brown sugar brownies.


Lately I've not been in the mood to bake cookies, tea cakes, stuff that are simple, quick and easy to make. I feel like making laborious multi-component desserts, the very french-y kind. I guess having to just enough time to bake only once a week makes me feel like using that chance to make something worthwhile. That's not to say that a muffin isn't a worthwhile treat; it's just a tad plain and not my most desirable option for a celebration of a baking day.


I scanned through the baking books I have located in every corner of the house and found that I was lacking some inspiration for multi-component desserts so I went to get a book by Adriano Zumbo as a post-exam treat for myself. I'm not posting one of his recipes today, sadly, there are just too many enticing recipes to choose from I need some time to think and plan! Meanwhile, I'll just try to clear as many recipes on my to-bake list. Having said that, when I looked through my to-bake list recently I found them rather blah. I made that list a long time ago and I guess it just doesn't match my mood these days. That's why for my next recipe I'm going to do some spontaneous improvisation on a recipe or something, just to make things more exciting.


So till the next post, have some banana brown sugar brownies! These are really chewy, dense and moist brownies, with more banana flavour than chocolate. I would prefer a slightly stronger chocolate flavour so I've made extra modifications to the recipe.


Banana Brown Sugar Brownies
makes a 8 x 5 inch slab
adapted from here

2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 ripe banana, mashed
scant 3 tbsp brown sugar
pinch of salt
1 egg
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted

Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 8 x 5 inch loaf pan.

Melt the butter and chocolate chips together in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Set aside to cool.

Whisk the banana, brown sugar, salt and egg together. Stir in the flour and cocoa powder. Stir in all but 1 tbsp of the chocolate mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Swirl in the remaining 1 tbsp chocolate mixture.

Bake for about 13 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out mostly clean.


No comments :

Post a Comment