I've Moved!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

almond nutella cookies.


Believe it or not, I found this recipe in a book with cakes that are patisserie-worthy with all their fancy chocolate twirls and sophisticated flavours. I was flipping through the book looking for a cake to bake soon when out of the blue (or multi-colored sugar dreamland), these cookies. But I ceased all questions immediately because I would be a fool to pass up a chance to make something so effortlessly beautiful.


I made these even easier to make by subbing a melted chocolate and cream mixture for nutella. Assembling the cookie mixture was a breeze and took practically no time at all while the decorating bit was unexpectedly time-consuming. I think I took close to 40 minutes for just 12 cookies, although I must admit that the end result was extremely rewarding. You start off with an almost unattractive heap of brown on black but as you press each petite ruby cranberry, pale green pistachio and amber apricot gently into the cookie, it slowly comes to life like a dull sepulchral street which festive christmas lights are being lit up one by one.

These take the no-bake cookie concept to the top.


dessert / snack - no bake almond nutella cookies

Almond Nutella Cookies
makes 12

6 oreos, halved (you can choose to leave the cream on or not)
40g digestive biscuits, crushed finely
20g almonds, crushed
nutella
dried fruits or nuts for decoration

Mix the digestive biscuit crumbs and almonds together with enough nutella for the mixture to hold together. Place a small heap on top of each oreo cookie. Refrigerate until firm.

Using nutella as glue, stick your choice of dried fruits or nuts on top of each mound. Finish with a drizzle of nutella.

3 comments :

  1. Hi, I found this on FoodGawker and was hoping I could get your permission to post the recipe on my instagram recipe page (@foodie_recipes) as it looks delicious! I will tag you in the photo and put your website address on the post! Hope this is okay, thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore this. Not only are they delicious-sounding...but your decoration is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete